I like little coincidences like the one I realized today.. Today in 1974, Richard Nixon resigned the US presidency. Just yesterday, I watched the movie (and all the special features & extras) Frost/Nixon. It was very well done. And it kinda got me wanting more, so I reserved a book at the library so I could read all about the Watergate cover-up. It has been since college (well, I was still in high school, but taking a college course... 10-12 years ago! Sheesh!) that I studied Watergate, and to be honest, I really don't remember any of the details of it all. So I'm anxious to learn more about this historic event.
My brother-in-law
Steve also had one of those weird 'today in history' coincidences earlier this week while listening to an audio book and realizing it was the anniversary of the bombing of Hiroshima.
I used to hate my history classes. I never had a good memory of dates and events. But I'm glad that I still have a desire to learn even though I'm not in school. It's the retaining of useful knowledge that I have a hard time with. :)
**still searching for the pics and working on my other post**
2 comments:
Also, 37 years ago today, our parents were married. :)
Don't you mean your AWESOMELY TRENDY Brother in Law Steve?!?!?!
Post a Comment