Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Picture(s) of the Day

I am SOOO ready for Spring!  This has been a particularly rough Winter for me.  I think I had some serious SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) going on!  (Along with a ton of stress).  I'm excited for the sunshine and some warmer weather so I can enjoy being outside again and officially climb out of this Winter FUNK!

I've been training for the Cherry Blossom 10 Mile Run.  This race operates on a lottery system, so it really is a stroke of luck to be chosen to participate.  I'm particularly excited about this race because the last time I went in to the city to experience the beauty of the cherry blossoms was back in 2006.  I just really hate the millions of tourists that flock to the city around this time, so I have purposely avoided it.  But that means that I've also avoided seeing the gorgeous blooms.

This race will have us running a route that takes us RIGHT by all the cherry blossom trees, so I expect it to be a very enjoyable race!  So long as I can take in the sights and not focus on how much my body hurts.  Haha.  I'm also excited because I'll actually have somebody cheering for me at the finish line!  My friend Michelle's Spring Break just happens to be during this time, so she is flying out to spend the week with me.  It makes SUCH a difference to have somebody out there specifically routing for you.

Anyway.  Here are a few pictures of the Cherry Blossoms that I took back in 2006.  So pretty!!  17 more days until the big day.








2 comments:

Michelle said...

these pictures are great!!! im so excited that i can be there too and cheer for you :) im totally excited to see the blossoms, as ive never managed to visit during the spring haha. see you in 2 weeks!

Sandy said...

Wow, those pictures are amazing. I can see why all the tourists come this time of year. Sorry. I would be one of those you hate. I came in July last time and it was hot and humid. Next time I'll come in the spring. Bring in the Spring.

Check out my running and fundraising efforts that came to fruition December 2009 through my other blog: http://ccfa-mleblakemore.blogspot.com/