So here's the plan... And I hope I have the guts to go through with it, as I usually do things with a friend... I'm going to sign up for a co-ed soccer league in Arlington. I absolutely LOVE soccer. Problem is, I haven't really played since I was 12. I did play indoor soccer a couple of times when I lived in St. Louis, but that's it. So I'm sure my skills are lacking. In fact, I'm probably no better than my 12-year-old self, and most likely not even that good. But hopefully I don't make a complete fool of myself, can reconnect with a lost love of mine, and can meet some cool people. I believe it all starts up in March. This means I get to make a trip to the sporting goods store real soon so I can purchase some cleats, shinguards and soccer socks. Love the excuse to shop. :)

Another thing that I'm considering is participating in the Dragon Boat Festival in DC. This seems like fun, a good work out, and another way to meet new people. I believe registration is in March, then training sessions start in April. The Festival itself is the weekend of May 16-17, so hopefully it doesn't get rained out or post-poned. 'Cause then the rescheduled date for the festival will be the weekend of the 30-31 and I will barely be back from................
PANAMA!
That's right, folks. It's official. I'm heading to Panama over Memorial Day weekend. I am so pumped for this!! I have already started to prepare myself for this awesome adventure. I signed up for 6 months worth of personal training sessions at my gym, and after the first session last week, I KNOW I will be looking better than I do now. Plus, if I'm playing soccer regularly and training with the Dragon Boat rowers, I expect to see some results. I will continue going to the gym when I don't have other activities in the evenings, and hopefully the weekends start to warm up so I can go out on some long bike rides. I am determined to trim down my body and start feeling good about it. And hopefully the added bonus will be some new cool people to hang out with. (Well, you know. Besides my personal trainer who will become my new boyfriend by the time 6 months goes by -- uh, yeah. HOT.) ;)
3 comments:
If you start playing soccer we will come and watch your games. Maybe Joseph will get some pointers on how to play
I think that you should probably change the title of your blog. Your life sure sounds thoroughly UN-boring what with all these trips and activities.
Jer's sister, Jennifer, married her personal trainer. Jim is an awesome guy. Sounds like good fun in your future.
Post a Comment